Hearty, lightly sweet, and perfect for breakfast toast, snacks or delicious deli-style sandwich.
If you’re looking for a simple homemade bread with wholesome ingredients, this recipe is it. It uses a combination of whole wheat flour, cannabis, and it’s sweetened with honey. Reap the rewards of making homemade bread. This Honey Whole Weed Multi-Grain Bread adds a touch of warmth to any meal.
Honey Whole Weed Multi-Grain Bread
- 3.5 grams of cannabis
- 1/4 of light olive oil
- 2 cups of warm water
- 2/3 cup of honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of steel cut oats (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of Flax Seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of rolled oats (optional)
- 4 cups of unbleached bread flour
- 1/4 cup of rolled oats (optional)
- Egg whites
- 1 tablespoon whole grain oats/steel cut/flax seed (optional topping)
- Grind cannabis and decarboxylate in an oven-safe ramekin. Set oven to 250° F for 25 minutes.
- Mix olive oil into cannabis in the ramekin and place back into the oven at 250° F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix the warm water honey and yeast in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Let that sit about 10 minutes until the yeast is foamy and active.
- Mix the salt, infused oil, and cannabis mixture into the bowl and whisk together.
- Mix in the flour, one cup at a time, until a dough begins to form that pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Lightly knead your dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Place in a well-oiled bowl, turn to coat, cover and let rise in a warm place for 1- 2 hours or until doubled.
- Punch dough down and knead for another few minutes to remove any yeast air bubbles.
- Shape loaf and place into a well oiled 9X5 bread pan.
- Allow it to rise for 30 minutes or until the dough has risen about an inch above the edge of the pan.
- Optional: brush the top with a wash of an egg white and 1 tablespoon cold water and sprinkle generously with rolled oats.
- Bake at 350° F or until rich golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let the bread cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert to remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.