88 points out of 100
Ice Cream Cake had a standout smell in Kansas City’s The Forest dispensary lineup. Tropical, almost Z nose of bergamot with a rich Gelato bouquet when ground; an extremely pleasant dessert smoke thanks to Wedding Cake x Gelato #33 genetics. Delightful evening-time couch companion. Ice Cream Cake is a bellwether strain for the health of state cannabis programs, and indicates Missouri is shaping up nicely. We’ve tasted slightly better ICC in Cali, but also far worse. High demand projected into 2024.
Missouri marijuana sales top $102 million during first month of adult-use market
About our ratings
Leafly Weed Spectator 100-Point Scale
- 95-100 Perfect: exemplary cannabis
- 90-94 Outstanding: a cannabis product of superior character and style
- 85-89 Good: a weed that’s worth checking out
- 80-84 OK: solid, well-grown cannabis
- 75-79 Not bad: a smokeable weed with acceptable flaws
- 50-74 Nope: That’s a no from us, dog.
How we rate
Dried, cured, packaged, and sold buds, reviewed from bag in tastings, are given a single score. We focus on aroma, taste, effect, look, pedigree, cultivation method, and more.
Our editors focus on excellent, widely available ganja at a reasonable price. Special qualities include:
Top-shelf: It ain’t cheap, or necessarily plentiful, but it’s really good. Welcome to the top shelf.
Smart Buys: Fine, affordable, broadly available pot.
Leafly News cannabis ratings and ethics
Leafly News aims to retain and expand its expertise, authority, and trust.
Expertise is built through years of reviews, interviews with growers, visits to weed regions, and accumulated knowledge about cannabis horticulture, flavors, history, and culture. Leafly News’ editors and freelancers have a combined 50 years of experience with cannabis.
We aim to be accurate and independent, with policies including:
- Actual tastings—If we didn’t smoke it, we’re not reviewing it. At Leafly Weed Spectator, all ratings come from multiple tastings.
- Independence—Leafly weed spectators are paid by Leafly and are independent. We accept review samples with no promise of coverage. Leafly rating staff cannot accept bribes. We generally pay our own expenses and report on what the readers want to see.
- Ethical behavior—In order to keep readers’ trust, we act ethically. Every Leafly rater must serve the reader, and stay close to the plant. Leafly News has been publishing for more than 12 years. Our readers will judge our expertise and integrity, and we have millions of readers per month.
in a simple business tone to be more informative and engaging